Cable Layer: Main tasks and duties for a cable layer or technician are laying high speed fibre cables in designated areas and existing ducts. A cable layer will be responsible for maintaining, repairing and installing residential phone, television and broadband. They may also be involved in testing, diagnosis, fault finding and trouble shooting.
Cable Layer CV
Mobile / Email
Driven, self motivated and fully trained cable technician with 4 years experience in the telecommunications industry. Takes pride in working to tight deadlines and following detailed instructions and work schedules to ensure the quality of the work is at the highest standard, compliant with the latest regulations and concerned with health and safety legislation.
Company Name: Date to Date (or To Date) Cable Technician
Responsible for providing domestic and residential cabling installation, repairs and maintenance. Accountable for diagnosing, fault finding and hired to increase customer satisfaction and retention rates.
- Installation of domestic and residential cabling for television, broadband and telephone lines
Following daily schedules for customer call outs – repairs, maintenance and installation of new lines or decommissioning of abandoned cable lines.
- A good understanding of the New Road and Street Work Act 1991 in order to work safely and aligned with best practice.
- Fully trained and experienced in laying cables through existing ducting and BT lines.
- Utilises and applies in-depth knowledge of national building codes and standards.
- Adheres to safety standards and health and safety regulations when pole climbing and working at heights or within small confined spaces.
- Proficient with using tools for the job, power tools, hand tools, testing equipment, leakage detector devices and ladders.
School Name: GCSE, Maths, English, Science & Design & Technology.
College Name: Advanced Technology & Wireless Engineering
Technician Certificate in Telecommunications Systems – Level 2 Diploma
CSCS Card – Construction Skills and Certificate Scheme
PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
NRSWA – New Road and Street Work Act 1991
Knowledgeable in Telecommunications Systems & Engineering, Ability to follow detailed schedules, plans and instructions, Safe Working Attitude, Excellent Attention to Detail, Excellent Communication skills, Able to work with third parties effectively.
Good luck with writing your CV. Please make sure amend this example as suitable before uploading it for job applications.